Account Trainee, Event Assistant – Food Festival, Marketing
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Octagon is looking to hire a highly organized, hard-working event specialist to join our events team. Working directly with the Event Manager and the event staff, the position will be involved with supporting the day-to-day preparation and execution of a multi-day event involving community food events and a large gala dinner in Providence, Rhode Island.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support community outreach to recruit participant restaurants
- Support execution efforts amongst participating restaurants and partners
- Manage volunteer program associated with Food Festival
- Support with implementation of marketing plan associated with Food Festival
- Manage the transportation and schedules of chef guests
- Assist with management of overall operational plan of the Food Festival and Gala event
- Assist with the operational timeline, from set-up to break-down schedules
- Support with implantation and fulfillment of comprehensive branding plan for event venue
- Work closely with event venue staff to ensure seamless execution of event
- Create and update as necessary, participating restaurant and partner equipment needs spreadsheet
- Provide onsite support to participating restaurants and partners to ensure efficient load-in and load-out of venue
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Polished communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid knowledge of MS office suite tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Organizational detail, multi-tasking, and adherence to deadlines are critical
- Problem solver, demonstrate initiative, and present a proactive work ethic
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude to assist with overall account team duties and additional programs as needed
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Ability and flexibility to weekend/holiday work as needed approximately 25%