Account Trainee/Operations Assistant, Marketing
LPGA iWiT Championship
Join the Octagon Event Staff on day-to-day preparations for the IWiT Championship, an LPGA tournament to be held August 13 -19, 2018 at the Brickyard Crossing at the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The IWiT Championship goes beyond just a golf tournament as it partners with the Indy Women in Tech Foundation to raise funds and awareness for important causes aimed at attracting, developing and retaining women and girls into tech related careers. Many ancillary events take place in conjunction with the tournament, including the IWiT Summit, The Eureka! Exchange, byte Food Experience, and the Speak Easy Program.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assist tournament staff in coordinating all vendor contracts for the event
- Insure first-class presentation for the operation of event
- Help manage operational timeline that includes detailed set-up and tear-down schedules
- Work closely with Tournament Staff to insure operational fulfillment of corporate partner contracts and operational support of volunteer activities
- Work with tournament staff to execute product logistics plan including loading and unloading of product into storage containers
- Other related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
- Weekend and Holiday work required
- Please note: Event is held outdoors and the pre-planning and execution phases of event will require long work days outside in temperatures consistent with summer in Indiana.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Study in a related field (senior level internship or similar)
- Event experience – golf preferred
- Polished communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, and solve problems independently
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet
- Extremely organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interest in sports and event marketing as a career
- Willingness to work weekends and nonstandard hours