This position is responsible for regulating tournament competition in accordance with the USGA’s Rules of Golf and the LPGA’s tournament regulations. The position will report to the Director, Rules & Competition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Tournament Rules and Regulations of the Symetra Tour and the USGA Rules of Golf.
- Officiate and regulate tournament competition according to established rules of play, pace of play guidelines and Symetra Tour Rules and Regulations.
- Consult with the Director of Rules and Competition and Senior Director of Symetra Tour and Q School Operations on matters relating to the competition and tournament week schedule.
- Adhere to LPGA and Symetra Tour policies and procedures of conducting a Symetra Tour event.
- Conduct pre-event site visits and tournament staff meetings/conference calls. Communicate with host site stakeholders to ensure appropriate preparations take place in a timely manner.
- Facilitate and assist with volunteer training tournament week as needed.
- Monitor and approve golf course preparation and conditioning for tournament play. Set daily hole and tee locations, define course boundaries and hazards, and mark all ground under repair according to Symetra Tour standards.
- Approve and supervise construction of event specific structures including grandstands, hospitality areas and/or expo areas.
- Generate pairings for tournament play and produce results upon the completion of tournament rounds using the Symetra Tour tournament management software. Publish and distribute pairings and results to players, caddies and tournament staffs.
- Provide feedback during and after each event to senior staff and tournament managers. Prepare written tournament wrap-ups identifying areas to improve on for future years.
- Serve as a Symetra Tour liaison to players and caddies.
- Assist operations team when necessary with set-up and breakdown before and after events.
- Participate in special projects and assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management or other related discipline preferred
- Attended a USGA/PGA Rules Work Shop and achieved a score of 92 or better on the exam given at the end of the session within the last 5 years
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of officiating experience required, previous experience in golf administration is highly desirable
- Travel a minimum of 25 weeks during the year both in the U.S. and Internationally.
- Walk 18 holes to perform duties as needed
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills, and analytical skills required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to deliver accurate work within established deadlines
The LPGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with employer match, golf and fitness center privileges, access to all of our events, and many other great benefits to all full time employees.
For confidential consideration, please email your résumé and cover letter to Leah Fogle (email@example.com)
CLICK HERE to apply for this position now!
To view the LPGA’s complete list of job openings, please visit www.lpga.com/careers.