- Assists in the development, implementation, and track marketing and promotions campaign, along with the Championship Director and/or PGA contracted public relations/advertising agency, to enhance Championship sales and overall awareness through various media vehicles (i.e. direct mail, email blasts, radio ads, television spots, billboards, newspaper circulars, internet ads, social media, websites and special events).
- Works with Creative Services to manage the fulfillment of all advertising for the Championship.Liaise with local organizations such as the local PGA Section, local sports teams, local Convention & Visitors Bureau, and various other organizations to create and activate sales/registration initiatives and promotional campaigns.
- Works with local corporate partnerships to enhance ticketing database, social media followers, and sales.Implement on a local level social media efforts for the Championship while collaborating with PGA HQ social media team.Assist Championship Director with management of local and regional media relations efforts.
- Coordinate day-to-day reporting of the Championship Management System (“CMS”) for tracking up-to-date ticket orders.Develop ticket holder communications (newsletters, etc.). Work closely with various PGA of America staff at PGA Headquarters, Palm Beach Gardens, FL (Ticket Center, Integrated Marketing, Consumer Profiling, Promotions. Media, etc.) in order to ensure compliance with PGA guidelines.
- Maintain and provide Championship Director with regular updates on promotions plans, activations, ticket sales, etc. Direct all media inquiries to the Championship Director and/or General Chairman. Does not act as a spokesperson for the Championship.Represent the Championship at various networking events.Manage special events surrounding the Championship, to include Media Days, Trophy Tours, Pro-Am, etc.
- Assist with other areas of Championship administration, operations, merchandise and hospitality when asked.
Job Knowledge/Technology: Must have knowledge of marketing and sales programs or event operations. Strong organizational and time management skills. Excellent oral communication, customer service and problem solving skills. Skills in cold calling Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook as well as ability to learn and master new software programs.
- Customer Focus: Meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with the customer in mind, establishes, maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect.
- Initiative: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares problems or opportunities in advance and undertakes additional responsibilities. Responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision and creates solutions to problems.
- Communication: Writes and speaks effectively; states own opinions clearly and concisely; demonstrates openness and honesty; listens well during meetings and feedback sessions; explains reasoning behind opinions; asks others for their opinions and feedback; asks questions to ensure understanding; exercises a professional approach with others using all means of communication; uses consideration and tact when offering opinions.
- Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking: The ability to see the “big picture” in complex situations by linking information or by considering an abstract or longer-term perspective; ability to break down a problem, situation or process into its component parts; ability to understand the nature of those parts and their relationship to one another; ability to make thoughtful decisions in situations of uncertainty or risk.
- Organization: The ability to manage multiple projects and determine project urgency in a practical way. Manage transition from task to task effectively.
- Resourcefulness: The ability to identify opportunities to use resources that are already available or are easy/inexpensive to obtain; ability to consider the surrounding environment before making costly decisions; ability to use imagination and creativity to navigate difficult situations.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Works harmoniously with others to get a job done, responds positively to instructions and procedures and is able to work well with staff while maintaining relationships, which breed productive disagreement and debate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this positionSome travel required. Ability to stand for extended periods (6+ hours per day). Ability to work overtime, including weekends (sometimes up to 15 hours a day).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Marketing and Advertising
- Nonprofit Organization Management
- Events Services