NGCOA Director of Membership
- Position: The Director of Membership, an essential part of the NGCOA leadership team, will oversee the recruitment, service and retention operational activities for over NGCOA’s dues-paying members.Success in this job is measured by our retention and growth figures, as well as member involvement in key activities. The primary responsibilities of this job involve the following:
- serving as the staff liaison with NGCOA’s state and regional affiliates,
- administering an effective recruitment and outreach plan of action to grow NGCOA’s membership,
- overseeing member outreach on strategically important initiatives and events,
- managing inbound member service requests,
- running NGCOA’s annual awards program,
- and representing NGCOA as a spokesperson on association and industry issues.
- Work Status: Full-Time, Exempt
- Location: 291 Seven Farms Drive, Daniel Island, SC 29492
- Begins: As soon as possible
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer Compensation will be negotiated based on the candidate’s experience and skills, as well as range commensurate with organizations of similar size and scope of NGCOA. Access to health insurance benefit, 401k and generous PTO are included.
- The Person: The successful candidate is simply an all-around operational athlete with great fluency in association or membership management. You can think strategically. You have fresh ideas. You should be experienced with budgeting, planning, monitoring KPIs, etc. Your resume and references must demonstrate success, and you must be able to confirm results achieved. You will work closely with all staff at NGCOA in events, education, marketing, advocacy, corporate partnerships and the executive team to execute your plans. Bonus points if you already understand golf industry issues.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the membership department personnel and systems technology.
- Work with Education, Advocacy and Corporate Partnerships team to activate member involvement in programs such as: ○ Smart Buy Marketplace (purchasing program) ○ Golf Business Conference, MCOR and TechCon (annual events) ○ ORCA benchmarking program ○ National Golf Day and other partner initiatives.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure fresh, effective communications related to recruitment and retention activities, including but not limited to: Digital and print recruitment campaigns; Automatic and personalized renewal communications; Membership-related content for all of NGCOA’s digital assets.
- Utilize volunteer committees for member feedback and engagement on initiatives.
- Manage relationships and commitments between NGCOA and all Affiliates of NGCOA.
- Establish, manage and monitor annual budget and performance.
- Attend select conferences and meetings throughout the year, including speaking engagements.
- Ten or more years of professional experience in membership operations or a similar field.
- Undergraduate degree ● Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide recommendations based on insights.
- Solid work ethic, and positive, get-it-done-now attitude.
- Self-motivated enough to work alone, but confident enough to work with a team of demanding colleagues and member customers.
- Only seasoned and experienced people with a track record of success should apply.
Contact: Submit the following to Jay Karen, Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and resume attachment in PDF format only (resume should indicate success metrics in previous positions and be limited to no more than 2 pages)
- Contact information for your last three direct supervisors
- LinkedIn address
- Please include compensation and benefits expectations