NBC Sports Group
- Prepare/post monthly journal entries as part of monthly and quarterly close in accordance with GAAP.
- Reconcile bank accounts against merchant processor statements and revenue reports.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, ensuring that account balances are properly supported and appropriately recorded in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
- Work with accounting manager to administer Purchasing card program to ensure compliance with company policy and meet business needs.
- Reconcile Pcard charges and working with cardholders to ensure proper account coding.
- Work with GolfNow team on various course payments to ensure that proper amounts are submitted for payment, approved by market managers and reconcile back to balance sheet accounts.
- Assist Accounting Manager and Director of accounting in annual financial statement audit process.
- Assist Accounting Manager with various ad-hoc reporting requests, account analysis and other duties as needed to support the monthly and quarterly close process.
- Assist Accounting Manager in performing accounting research and prepare memos to ensure that consistent and appropriate accounting treatment is followed across all businesses.
- Assist in implementing new policies and procedures as needed
- Prepare for SOX readiness as needed by assisting with internal control processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years accounting experience, CPA candidate preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Communication Skills – ability to communicate clearly and professionally in conversations, communications and interactions with others. Conscientious, enthusiastic and tactful personality with positive, friendly and team-oriented attitude.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills – ability to tackle a problem by using a logical and systematic approach; anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action. Detail oriented and highly organized with strong analytical, writing, mathematical and computer skills.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to think and work independently as well as the ability to work co-operatively with others to produce innovative solutions; take the lead in setting new policies or procedures.
- Managing Change Skills – ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve Golf Channel’s effectiveness; support and implement organizational change; and help others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Goal-Oriented Skills – Capacity to juggle multiple projects without sacrificing quality and professionalism. Ability to focus on the desired result of their work, and set challenging goals for employees. Must seize positive opportunities that will benefit the company.
Career Level: Experienced
Country: United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
Part of the NBC Sports Group family, Golf Channel is a multimedia, golf entertainment and services company based in Orlando, Fla. In addition to its high-quality news, instruction and original programming, Golf Channel is home to more live golf than all other networks combined. Our coverage includes PGA TOUR, LPGA Tour, NCAA National Championships, The Open, Olympics and a slate of other worldwide tours and events. Golf Channel continues to connect the world to golf through a wide array of digital and lifestyle services including: Golf Channel Digital platforms, GolfNow, GolfAdvisor.com, Golf Channel Academy instructional facilities and Golf Channel Amateur Tour.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.