From conducting the game’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules, to supporting sustainable golf course management practices and curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts, the USGA (United States Golf Association) promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
The USGA is looking for an Associate Producer, Digital Content to be a part of the USGA’s Global Content & Media Distribution team to help produce and publish compelling, entertaining and informative content on USGA channels. S/he will be responsible for idea generation and execution of many forms of written and video content. This position will also be charged with the publication and distribution of this content across all USGA channels, including social media, web and broadcast, to a broad audience. S/he must be an excellent storyteller who offers innovative and creative ideas that add value to projects.
This position will also entail day-to-day management of all USGA digital channels, collaborating closely with colleagues to update and maintain webpages. S/he will ensure that our content channels are being used to maximize the USGA’s revenue-generating initiatives, such as the sale of championship tickets and merchandise.
The ideal candidate is someone who understands how content fits together across all channels and is comfortable working on a team that is responsible for connecting with the golfer/fan audience. S/he will have experience working in a dynamic environment and will have strong interpersonal and project management skills.
Liberty Corner, NJ
What You Can Expect:
- Support editorial and content strategy objectives through producing content for USGA channels
- Write features, scripts, creative briefs and other written content
- Assist in production of video content
- Answer research questions and fact-check stories/scripts
- Determine and secure required resources for content items
- Work with freelance vendors during production of content
- Contribute to the daily management of usga.org and usopen.com
- Create and build article pages, video pages, and photo galleries
- Work with stakeholders from around Association to ensure web pages are up-to-date with accurate and timely information
- Collaborate with Competitions staff to build and maintain championship-specific webpages, as well as corresponding volunteer and ticket pages
- Manage digital media assets
- Support content activities at USGA championships and other events, both on-site and remotely
- Work with Scoring team to ensure all championship-related pages and functions on usga.org (scoring, tee times, course statistics, etc.) are activated and functioning
- Work with Championship Administration year-round to oversee updating of championship schedule, qualifying schedules, and all pertinent documents
- Collaborate with colleagues to optimize use of creative assets
- Identify areas of opportunity for enhancements to USGA websites and apps
- Work with IT to determine feasibility and resources required
- Work with Global Content and Media Distribution staff to refresh and redesign USGA websites and apps when needed
- Assist in search engine optimization for USGA content
- Assist in planning and management of the social media calendar across all USGA and U.S. Open channels
- Write copy and select/create creative assets for use in social media posts
- Monitor the social media activity of key influencers to inform content strategy
What You Bring to the USGA:
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years relevant industry experience in a deadline-oriented journalism/content environment, social media, website management, communications, or similar
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) and building/maintaining web pages.
- A working knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, YouTube
- Experience in creating and managing content on these channels for brands preferred
- Ability to pitch content ideas and manage the content process from conception to execution
- Proficiency in PhotoShop required, knowledge of video editing software preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, sports management or similar
- Strong communication skills and collaborative approach to interacting with colleagues.
- A passion for interactive, multimedia storytelling
- Highly energetic, ability to meet ongoing deadlines, willingness to work whenever is necessary to get the job done, including nights and weekends
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Appreciation and knowledge of the game of golf and the golf industry, especially as it relates to USGA activities and mission
- The ability to travel up to 15%