Chief People Officer – Job Description
Reporting to the CEO and as a key member of Topgolf’s executive team, the Chief People Officer (CPO) will develop and execute HR/People strategies in support of our Associates and the strategic direction of the organization. The CPO will serve as a strategic HR & business thought partner to our CEO while leading all HR functions to include policies & compliance, compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, diversity & inclusion, and organizational design. This role will also be integral in strengthening Topgolf’s capacity to innovate at every level of the organization and help drive our key initiatives and growth efforts. As such, we are looking for a visionary leader with a passion for excellence who will ensure we have scalable HR programs and infrastructure to support our diversified workforce as we continue to innovate and expand.
- Develop and implement a human resources plan that aligns with the objectives of the organization, resulting in innovative best practices and policies that will service the full range of Topgolf’s HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of excellence, accountability, and collaboration.
- Develop a deep understanding of all Topgolf businesses and serve as a key participant in strategic deliberations. Serve as a strategic partner to the executive team, particularly the CEO, by providing insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR and business issues.
- Optimize the HR function/team, modernize and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives.
- Bring an analytical, data-based approach to strengthening the Topgolf brand, aligning our business objectives with our broader people strategies.
- Partner with Finance in overseeing departmental plan and headcount.
- Partner with Legal to ensure compliance & mitigate organizational risks.
- Establish compensation practices and philosophy to ensure salary benchmarking and surveys are reviewed on a regular basis. Working closely with the director of compensation and outside consultant(s), provide analysis and recommendations on executive compensation and equity.
- Respond to the HR demands of a global, highly matrixed organization with geographically dispersed field locations.
- Develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a rapidly growing organization.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to leaders and teams across the organization in efforts to develop and retain a highly impactful, motivated, and diverse workforce.
- Lead, develop, and evolve Topgolf’s Human Resource function which includes corporate HR policies and compliance; diversity & inclusion; talent acquisition, total rewards, organization development; HRIS and associate relations.
- Lead an operationally strong HR organization with scalable systems, processes and analytics to measure and constantly improve Topgolf’s Associate experience.
Culture & Engagement
- Help craft and define Topgolf’s vision for Associate engagement and translate data from surveys into action plans. Ensure that Associates know their voices have been heard and that they matter to the organization.
- Continue to develop and impart a well-defined company culture. Ensure Topgolf’s core values are being reinforced with every initiative and communication.
- Develop relationships with Topgolf Associates and become someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues.
- Through leadership and example, position the Human Resources team as a trusted, solutions-oriented source of support for all Associates.
- Role model and inspire Topgolf’s core values of Fun, One Team, Excellence, Edgy Spirit, and Caring.
- 15+ years of relevant and progressive HR/People experience, preferably within the Hospitality, Entertainment, Restaurant, Hotel or similar industry with a dispersed and diversified workforce.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, HR or related field.
- The ideal candidate will have led Human Resources at a high-growth, large and publicly traded global organization.
- Knowledge of M&A helpful.
- Demonstrated leadership, excellent communication skills, superior influencing skills and the ability to establish credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience serving as a strategic advisor to the CEO and senior leadership team, with a constructive point of view.
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business topics.
- Must be compassionate and self-aware, with the ability to manage their emotions and those of others.
- Track record of building and leading a high-performing, cross-functional team of HR professionals across HR compliance, inclusion & diversity, recruiting, compensation, benefits, organizational development, and Associate relations.
Today, Topgolf continues to blend technology and entertainment, golfers and non-golfers, children and adults – to create an experience that makes socializing a sport for everyone. No matter the occasion or who you share it with, we believe every great time starts with play, is fueled by food and beverage, moved by music and made possible through community. Every Topgolf venue features dozens of high-tech, climate-controlled hitting bays for year-round comfort, a chef-inspired menu for year-round deliciousness and hundreds of Associates eager to help create the moments that matter.
Topgolf is truly everyone’s game, with 50 venues entertaining more than 15 million Guests annually, original content shows, next-gen simulator lounges through Topgolf Swing Suite, the global Topgolf Tour competition, pop-up social experiences like Topgolf Crush, Toptracer technology as seen on TV, and the world’s largest digital golf audience.
Topgolf is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Topgolf does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Topgolf will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Topgolf and will be processed accordingly without fee.